Baked beets or bottled juice?
The choice between whole beets baked or simply buying glass bottled beet juice comes down to price, convenience and taste.
Whole beets baked.
- Cheap and always in abundance at any local grocery store. Easy to slice and bake in about 30 minutes.
- Tastes far better than drinking the juice from a bottle.
- A great healthy alternative to potato chips.
Beetroot juice in glass bottles.
- Easy to have at races if you have a support crew somewhere on the course.
- Convenience! Just keep a large bottle in the fridge and drink a shot ever morning.
- Taste? Hmmm, after a week or so we find on some mornings just the smell of it is enough to put us off drinking it.
- Toilet urine alert! After a could of days everything starts to turn red! Can be a bit of a scare for the unsuspecting new users.
In conclusion, we find it's best to use both. If you only stick to one we find most people simply get sick of it and give up after a couple of week. Try both, see what works for you, and stick to it. You will see your marathon race times improve!